[xmlblaster] Continued Newbie Question

>Do you use our C++ helper classes or have you coded everything yourself?
>If you use our C++, could you send a patch how to use it with TAO?
>Our C++ helper client classes need to be updated to the newest QoS,
>and need some fail save enhancements (similar to the Java helper clients).

No I am just using the *C.cpp *S.cpp files as created by the idl compiler
for TAO.
It is so easy. Though I will give yours a good looking over.

>If you code or extend them, please contribute them back.

I have done nothing, I'm a Newbie I promise or maybe just shy.

>On connect() the SimpleChat does a subcribe() on the chat message.
>On subscribe you receive the current chat value (and in future all new
>chat messages).

OK, so there is some sort of current message that is overwritten each time a
message is posted as this example is always giving the messages the same
oid, yes??

>> eg:
>> If I on client A press "Who is there"
>> On client B I will see "I am retrieving the connected users list (ignore
>> this)" for as many times as I connect and logout.

>If i login as "Ben", do some disconnect/connect and then "Who is there"
>i get exactly one "Ben", as expected.

This not quite what I had tried to explain, my mistake. I'll try again.
Below is the pattern I see with the SimpleChat client. I am not appreciating
what the reasoning for getting the last Message posted again to me after
having just connected.
I would want to get this message as part of Qos. If xmlBlaster thought I
should get the message because I had subscribed and crashed previously but,
now I'm back scenario. But just because I connected, its old news to me. Is
there a timestaming thing I should be looking at or doing myself?

2. Press "Who is there"
3. Message "I am retrieving the connected users list (ignore this)" scrolls
by
4. Logout
3. Message "I am retrieving the connected users list (ignore this)" scrolls
by
4. Logout
3. Message "I am retrieving the connected users list (ignore this)" scrolls
by
4. Logout
3. Message "I am retrieving the connected users list (ignore this)" scrolls
by

I might be missing the entire point here or should I be using some means of
uniquely identifying each message inclusive to the oid as the oid is
supplying the channel name to subscribe to.

> Also I am having trouble with MessageUnit on C++ is I believe lifetime
> management of the objects is not quite right.
> If MessageUnit is on the stack and then passed in a call to publish(),
hmmm
> perhaps this is a valueType thing since MessageUnit is a struct and I
havent
> compiled the idl properly I'll let you know.

I'll get to this later.

>With mico and C++ this seems to run fine.

OK

>PS: I would recommend that you use the current cvs code
>and not the last version 0.79d, as this is outdated
>(the IDL has changed).

OK

Regards

Martin Johnson