OpenQueue status (Re: Messaging)

Hi xmlBlaster community,

I developed OpenQueue, and I sometimes lurk on this list.  I just got back
from traveling, and I've now sent Shawn a reply on his technical question
to me.  This is a good time for me to describe OpenQueue's situation.

No development has been done on OpenQueue for over a year.  I created
enough functionality to satisfy my itch, and stopped working on it.  But
it provides enough functionality that I still use it, for the automated
processes in NewsBlip.com's news harvesting, indexing, and notification
systems.  OpenQueue can of course still be downloaded, and I still
answer questions about it.

Still, I would, and do, encourage anyone with more than the barest of
needs to consider xmlBlaster instead.

-Matt