web based xmlBlaster client Question

Dear All,

I have several question regarding to web based xmlBlaster client, with persistent HTTP connection.
1. Which is the better one, applet, activex, or Servlet + Javascript ?
2. If we are talking about huge web server load of a lot of web client. How about performance issue
regarding to the web server load ? Can we still use this solution ? Or we need something like multicast/other technics ?
3. How much web client connection we can run ? (with considering web bottleneck and xmlBlaster capacity).

It's would be great if anyone give us web based client rule of thumb.

Thank You for your help.