Re: MimeType changes during transfer?

Heinrich Götzger wrote:

> Hi
>
> in my little application, which uses pub/sub of xmlBlaster, I try
>topublish and subscrib (this typo is by purpose, since s u b s c r i b e
>is a key word for majordomo and makes this eMail not being deliverd :-)
>jpg-imges and text. If text is published, all things going fine.
>
> But if I try to publish an jpg-image, somehow the MimeType turns from
> image/jpg at the publisher to text/plain at the subscriber within the
same
> message.

I just tried the following (starting xmlBlaster and sending/receiving
a binary image):

1. java org.xmlBlaster.Main

2. jaco org.xmlBlaster.client.feeder.PublishFile
        -c MyTest.gif
        -xmlKey "<key oid='MyTest.gif' contentMime='image/gif'
contentMimeExtended='Version1.0'><TestTag></TestTag></key>"
        -xmlQos "<qos><isDurable/><ForceUpdate/></qos>"

3. java org.xmlBlaster.client.reader.SubscribeMessage
        -name Tim
        -passwd secret
        -oid MyTest.gif

and all works fine.

> Any ideas?

How can i reproduce your problem?

> In the example in xmlBlaster/src/java/org/xmlBlaster/client/feeder the
> xmlKey is set to "<key oid=\"MyTest.gif\" ...
> In my App I'm setting the xmlKey to an unique value, does this make
> a difference?

\"MyTest.gif\" is unique as well, if you don't reuse this
oid for another message.

> Would I need the contentMimeExtended=\"Version1.0\" attribute?

It is additional information for the receiver only,
if the receiver is not interested in such information
just don't send it (xmlBlaster does not care at all).

best regards,

Marcel Ruff
mailto:ruff at swand.lake.de
http://www.lake.de/home/lake/swand/
http://www.xmlBlaster.org

PS
this is the answer Marcel send to me personally..... (10 days ago ....)