Re: Status of http callback

On 16 Feb, Marcel Ruff wrote:
> Peter Antman wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>> what is the status of the SystemInfo and http callback demo. I have
>> deployed the war-file (after some editing). Logging in seems to work,
>> but the callback does not work:
>
>> Should I expect it to work?
> Sorry, the war is not finished.
>
> The http callback works excellent with Servlet API 2.0 and
> JServ with Apache.
> If you start JServer with the little script in
> xmlBlaster/bin/jserv
> and have done the httpd.conf and jserv config file
> editing it should work on your server (assuming you
> are on a UNIX box). (Don't forget to start xmlBlaster
> and the little publisher as well).

I have come to hate JServ. I have set it up a bunch of times, but it is
such a nightmare, and I have always forgotten how I did it the last
time.

> Some weeks ago i started to add a war deployment,
> because i got tired with jserv config editing ...
> I wanted to test it with tomcat, but i have not finished
> or tested it at all.

Yes, that is great. I tested the stuff in the enhydra servlet
environment.

> One hazzle was to move to serlvet API 2.2 (or later)
> without loosing backward compatibility to Jserv support.
> It compiles well if i use the servlet.jar (2.2) from tomcat 3.2.1
> but jserv reports an internal error:
>
>     ruff:~/xmlBlaster/bin$ jserv
>     ApacheJServ/1.1.1b1
>     java.lang.AbstractMethodError:
> org/apache/jserv/JServContext.getServletName
>         at
> org.apache.jserv.JServServletManager.load_init(JServServletManager.java:580)
>         at
> org.apache.jserv.JServServletManager.loadServlet(JServServletManager.java:489)
>         at
> org.apache.jserv.JServConnection.processRequest(JServConnection.java:266)
>         at
> org.apache.jserv.JServConnection.run(JServConnection.java:188)
>
> A possible solution would be to move to xmlBlaster/lib/servlet.jar (2.3)
> and people working with jserv need to add servlet.jar (2.0) from jserv
> into their CLASSPATH explicitly.
>

> What did you edit?
> Can you commit these changes?

Well, since it still does not work, there is not much to commit. I had
to edit the build.xml stuff to get it to build. And I added the HTTP..
servlet i the web.xml. Maybe when I get some time over I will test it
again.

> The error you reported may be based as Konrad mentioned,
> but i don't know.

Nop. That browser works againt the example on www.xmlBlaster.org

Thanks anyway.

//Peter

--
Jobba hos oss: http://www.tim.se/weblab
Peter Antman		 Technology in Media, Box 34105 100 26 Stockholm