Re: XML based B2B Trading

Budi Wiyono wrote:

> Dear All,

Hi again,

> There are several reference implementation of
> XML based B2B Commerce.
>
> 1. M Project: Java XML-Based Messaging System --> ebXML B2B Commerce ref.
> implementation.
>    http://developer.java.sun.com/developer/earlyAccess/mproject/
>
> 2. Jabber. IETF Internet-Draft, Network Working Group. By Jeremie Miller.
>    http://www.oasis-open.org/cover/jabber.html
>    Because Jabber is an XML medium, many of the new XML data formats can be
> immediately
>    deployed on top of Jabber. This includes vCard XML, SyncML, XML/EDI,
> VoiceXML, and many
> more.
>
> How about implementing ebXML or XML/EDI based B2B Trading with xmlBlaster
> platform ?

Well, it sounds nice, for my part it is just the question
if anybody out there takes the time and just does it.

Or, if there is a sponsor willing to donate for anybody
implementing it.

If there is a need for extensions or gateways in a commercial
project,
this is usually a good place to start (a real day example
is a robust foundation), and this could be contributed
back to the xmlBlaster project.

> I have a question regarding with
> B2B Commerce with xmlBlaster's XML Messaging.
>
> Mechanism and Explanation:
> How to Implement B2B Commerce with xmlBlaster with well known standard such
> as: ?
>    - XML/EDI
>    - ebXML

I did not read those specs thoroughly, but for me
such use cases reduce to a simple exchange of messages
with some well defined format (e.g. DTD or SCHEMA),
so that the senders and receivers understand each other
and a workflow is possible.

The MOM should provide all necessary quality of services,
protocols and so forth to do it secure, simple and reliable.

XmlBlaster is a generic implementation which shall
support this.
Even if some components are missing currently,
it is already possible (and done) to use xmlBlaster in
production environments.

> Am I missing something or is the document missing something.

The documentation is missing something :-)

> Clarification is requested.
>
> Thanks.
> BDW

keep it as simple as possible (but not simpler than that),

Marcel Ruff
mailto:ruff at swand.lake.de
http://www.lake.de/home/lake/swand/
http://www.xmlBlaster.org