xmBlaster vs CORBA Events clarification

I am fairly new to xmlBlaster, but so far I have been very impressed with the product. I have a few clarification questions. They are as follows:

1. My experience with CORBA event services and JMS has been that once a publisher submits a message the message is gone. Therefore, only clients that are listening at the time of the publishing event will receive the message.

With xlmBlaster it appears that clients can login after the event and still receive the message. Does the xmlBlaster server ever delete these messages or is it the responsibility of the publisher to delete messages?

2. I have two small Java clients programs that publish and subscribe respectfully. The publishing client submits 5 different messages to the queue, and the subscribing client listens to just one of these messages using an XPATH query. The publishing client continually runs in a loop submiting the 5 messages synchronously. When both programs are running simultaneously the subscribing client gets all of the other messages even though he is only listening to one type. If I stop the publishing client and start the subscribing client, the subscribing client gets the correct message that has been sent.

Does anyone know why this would happen?

Thanks for your help.