Re: [xmlblaster-devel] CORBA Connection - Bug report

Dear Sandhya,

you can work out the solution, test it for your needs and send us a patch (for the current svn if possible).
We would then add a configuration property switching your behaviour on or off.

Thanks

Sandhya Devisetty schrieb:

Hi

I am Sandhya working for Austco Communication Systems.

We are using XmlBlaster for Client-Server Communication using Jacorb and the Naming Service.. But we are facing a problem with CORBA connection.

_Problem Description: _

_ _

We are running several server instances and our clients are connecting to the correct server instance using the Jacorb naming service and the parameters mentioned in xmlBlaster.properties.

_Parameters in XmlBlaster.Properties file_

_ _

*protocol*=IOR

*NameService*.*node*.*id*=ashton

*NameService.node*.*kind*=ALARM_HANDLER

*ORBInitRef*.*NameService*=http://192.168.1.223:3412/nsref/ns.ior

*bootstrapPort*=0

Suppose there is only one server instance active, when a request is made for an inactive server instance. Ideally it should throw an exception saying ‘unable to connect’. But it automatically connects to the only available server instance.

For e.g.,
I have two server instances A & B.
Only A is active for the moment.
When I try to connect to B, it automatically connects to A (as it is the only available server instance)

I would like it to tell me that he cannot connect to B instead. And stop there.

I already checked xmlBlaster implementation and found the following code that is *not* corresponding to my need.

_Code:_

Name:     CorbaConnection.java
Project:   xmlBlaster.org
*Package: org.xmlBlaster.client.protocol.corba***

*if* (*this*.authServer == *null*) {

*if* (authServerFirst != *null*) {

* **if(countServerFound > 1){ **//If there is only one server instance active, then it will not throw an exception. Instead it chooses the only available one***

String str = "Can't choose one of " + countServerFound +

" avalailable server in CORBA NameService: " + serverNameList +

". Please choose one with e.g. -NameService.node.id " + tmpId;

log.severe(str);

*throw* *new* Exception(str);

}

log.info("Choosing only available server '" + firstServerName + "' in CORBA NameService -ORBInitRef NameService=" +

System.getProperty("ORBInitRef"));

*this*.authServer = authServerFirst;

*return* authServerFirst;

}

*else* {

*throw* *new* Exception("No xmlBlaster server found in NameService");

}

}

log.info("Accessing xmlBlaster using a naming service '" + nameXmlBlaster[0].id + "." + nameXmlBlaster[0].kind + "/" +

nameNode[0].id + "." + nameNode[0].kind + "' on " + System.getProperty("ORBInitRef"));

*return* *this*.authServer;

}

Is there a way I can catch this exception or change this default behaviour?

Is it possible to fix this bug for us?

_Log information:_

INFO: Trying to find a CORBA naming service ...
Jun 29, 2009 11:25:29 AM org.xmlBlaster.client.protocol.corba.CorbaConnection getAuthenticationService
INFO*: Choosing only available server 'xmlBlaster.MOM/limestone.ALARM_HANDLER' in CORBA NameService -ORBInitRef NameService=null*
Jun 29, 2009 11:25:29 AM org.xmlBlaster.util.dispatch.DispatchConnection handleTransition
INFO: Connection 'IOR' transition UNDEF -> ALIVE: Success, DispatchConnection-connection:client/guest1246245928813 connected.
Jun 29, 2009 11:25:29 AM org.xmlBlaster.util.dispatch.DispatchManager switchToSyncMode
INFO: connection:client/guest1246245928813: Switched to synchronous message delivery
Jun 29, 2009 11:25:29 AM org.xmlBlaster.client.protocol.corba.CorbaCallbackServer initialize
INFO: Success, created CORBA callback server
Jun 29, 2009 11:25:29 AM org.xmlBlaster.client.XmlBlasterAccess createDefaultCbServer
INFO: client/guest: Callback settings: type=CACHE onOverflow=deadMessage onFailure=deadMessage maxEntries=1000 type=IOR oneway=false dispatcherActive=true burstMode.collectTime=0
Jun 29, 2009 11:25:29 AM com.austco.client.xml.XmlConnector$1 reachedAlive
INFO: Destroying 0 client side tailback messages
Jun 29, 2009 11:25:29 AM org.xmlBlaster.client.XmlBlasterAccess connect
INFO: 1.6.1 #exported: Successful IOR login as /node/limestone/client/guest/-20
Jun 29, 2009 11:25:29 AM com.austco.client.xml.XmlConnector <init>
INFO: Connected to xmlBlaster service.

Thanks & Regards

*Sandhya Devisetty*

Software Engineer