Re: [xmlblaster-devel] How to check for subscribers of a topic?

sweemeng at dso.org.sg wrote:
Hi, I'm a new user to XMLBlaster.  How do I check whether there is any
subscriber subscribed to a topic?  Thank you.

Best,
Wee Meng.

Here is a telnet example:

Here is a telnet example:

telnet localhost 2702
 Trying 127.0.0.1...
 Connected to localhost.
 Escape character is '^]'.
127.0.0.1 << connect joe secret
 Successful login for user joe, session timeout is  [ 1 h 0 millis ]
127.0.0.1 << get topic/Hello/?getSubscribers
 /node/heron/client/Subscriber/1,/node/heron/client/joe/3

It is possible to send the  'get topic/Hello/?getSubscribers' command
as a xmlBlaster message:

  <key oid='__cmd:?topic/Hello/?getSubscribers'/>

or over JMX as well (see jconsole).
See http://www.xmlblaster.org/xmlBlaster/doc/requirements/admin.commands.html

Further you can be automatically notified about subscribers coming and going, see
http://www.xmlblaster.org/xmlBlaster/doc/requirements/admin.events.html