RE: [xmlblaster-devel] Slave Database Persistence

Marcel,

Yes, I did test with just the !forceDestroy removed and as far
as I can tell, it worked as planned.  One other thing that
I noticed is that the erases that are sent to the slaves always
Have the forceDestroy set to false.

Jonathan Clark wrote:
> Marcel,
>
> One other thing to note on this problem.  We are erasing with forceDestroy=true which is the functionality we need for our
> project.  If I set forceDestroy=false, then the erase
> notifications make it to the slave after toSoftErased is called
> from fireMessageEraseEvent in TopicHandler.
>
> fireMessageEraseEvent only calls toDead if forceDestroy=true, but
> the following lines appear in toDead such that the notifyList will
> never be populated and thus the erase notifications are never
> sent.
>
> if (!forceDestroy && !isSoftErased()) {
>    notifyList = collectNotifySubscribersAboutErase(sessionName);

Ok, thanks for this analysis, i assume you have tested to remove the
condition and it worked fine.
I'll run the testsuite with the change and do some code inspection - and
if all looks well
i'll commit your fix.