[xmlblaster-devel] Re: AccessFilter never registered.

Xavier Roques wrote:

Hi,

I'm using Xmlblaster 1.0.6

I'm not able to register an accesFilter with my Xmlblaster server :(

I added the line MimeAccessPlugin[XXXXXX][1.0]=aClass

Unfortunately, the filter is never instantiated.
I checked the code and I saw the lines in the class AccessPluginManager:
     if (to > from) { // startup
        if (to == RunlevelManager.RUNLEVEL_STANDBY) {
           //initializePlugins();
        }
     }

As you can see, the method initializePlugins is nerved called and
my plugin is never registered :(

Hi Xavier,

i think you want to filter subscriptions so the

 MimeAccessPlugin

is the way to go.

The descriptions is
http://www.xmlblaster.org/xmlBlaster/doc/requirements/mime.plugin.accessfilter.html

NOTE: The plugin is not loaded by the runlevel manager.
It is loaded on demand with the first subscription arriving which needs the plugin, for example:

// subscribeQos:

<qos>
     <filter type='XXXXXX'>
        mySpecificFilterRule
     </filter>
</qos>

The workaround is to use the a PublishFilter

So I have two questions: 1) Can we use the AccessFilter

2) What is the really difference between the publish filter and the
accessFilter.

The publish filter allows you to prevent a message to be published.
The access filter allows subscribers to not get all published messages of a topic
but to further filter them, see
http://www.xmlblaster.org/MessageFlowPubSubOverview.html

enjoy,
Marcel