[xmlblaster-devel] how to delay delivery of messages?

I've checked the archives, and couldn't find much information on this
topic.

We use xmlblaster for low volume, small size, event notification
messages coming from Zope to backend processes running in Python.

Often, xmlblaster delivers these messages before the Zope web
transaction has completed, so Zope has not committed changes to the
database.

Our backend process starts to work on the message and finds no
candidate records in the database, hence it fails.

I'd like a QoS or something that says "deliver after xx seconds", or if I
need to use an absolute time, I can do that too.

Is there some way to do this in xmlblaster?

Basically, I want to schedule messages for future delivery. The "future"
isn't very far away, and there wouldn't be more than 3 or 4 of these
messages queued up at any given time.

We're using updateOneway, so the receiver of the message can't really
"reject" a message from xmlblaster.

--
Brad Clements,                bkc at murkworks.com    (315)268-1000
http://www.murkworks.com