[xmlblaster-devel] C and C++ compile on WinXP home with VC8 express 2005 beta2

Hi,

the current C and C++ client library now runs fine
with the new Microsoft VC++ 8 2005 beta 2 express compiler.

I have tried it on a simple WinXP home, the beta express compiler
is free and available at:
  http://msdn.microsoft.com/visualc/whidbey/default.aspx

You need probably additionally the free SDK from
  http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=A55B6B43-E24F-4EA3-A93E-40C0EC4F68E5
to have the socket specific C headers.

Here, as an example, are my settings used in build.properties:

build.compiler=modern
c.debug       = true
cpp.debug     = true

XMLBLASTER_ZLIB=1
zlib.include.dir=C:/Marcel/zlib/include
zlib.lib.dir=C:/Marcel/zlib
zlib.lib.name=zlib1

XMLBLASTER_PERSISTENT_QUEUE=1
sqlite.include.dir=C:/Marcel/sqlite-bin
sqlite.lib.dir=C:/Marcel/sqlite-bin

COMPILE_SOCKET_PLUGIN = 1
COMPILE_CORBA_PLUGIN  = 0
corba.product         = NONE

XMLCPP_HOME   = C:/Marcel/xerces-c_2_6_0-windows_nt-msvc_60
XMLCPP_VER    = _2

You need at least the xerces 2.6 xml library from http://xml.apache.org
to compile.

If you switch on persistent queueing on client side you need
to download sqlite 2.8.x from http://www.sqlite.org/ as well.

If you switch on the compressed message delivery feature you
need additionally the zlib from http://www.gzip.org/zlib/

Note:
If you switch on the log4cplus package (which is delivered
with the xmlBlaster distribution) with
  XMLBLASTER_COMPILE_LOG4CPLUS_PLUGIN=1
the RollingFileAppender makes some formatting problems.
Please stay with the xmlBlaster default logging until this
is resolved.

Regards,