Re: [xmlblaster-devel] MsgUnit[] on C#

Jonathan Lee wrote:
Well yeah it returns MsgUnit[] (sorry for being lazy). Anyways, I've tried the VB demo and it returns something like 'Get returned: System.<something>'. It's like getting an object.ToString(). Were u able to view the message? I'm using VS.NET 2003. Thanks!

Yes, if i remember correct i have used VB .net 2003, and the call

   msg.toXml()

dumped the message.
As the method '.toXml()' works, all others should be OK as well,

keep us informed about your progress,

regards, Jonathan

Sorry, i havn't tried this,
but get() returns an array

  MsgUnit[]

and not

  MsgUnit

The only example for ActiveX i have driven to the end was VisualBasic.net, there the solution was simple:

' Get synchronous the above message Dim getMsgArr As Object() getMsgArr = xmlBlaster.get("<key oid='HelloWorld3'/>", "<qos/>") Dim msg As Object For Each msg In getMsgArr Console.WriteLine("Get returned:" & msg.toXml()) Next

As this is an ActiveX mapping issue some
Microsoft .net practitioner could know the answer ...

Jonathan Lee wrote:

Hi,
Anyone out there using xmlBlaster managed to get it working with C# or .NET? I'm not sure if I got it right, but when I tried to call the 'get' function, it suppose to return MsgUnit object. Under the .NET, it returns an Object instead and I can't cast it to 'MsgUnit' .
(e.g. public abstract new System.Object get ( System.String arg0 , System.String arg1 )
Member of XmlScriptAccess.XmlScriptAccessDispatch)
Any solutions on extracting the message information? Thanks!

regards, Jonathan