Re: [xmlblaster-devel] Questions about message sizes

Michele Laghi wrote:
Hi Bryan,
I believe you should avoid having so large message contents since xmlBlaster works with the entire message in memory. I think a solution would be to send the user data to a repository (could be local or remote to the publishing client), put in the message content a link to that data and let the subscribing clients retrieve that data once they receive the message.

Another possibility is to split the large message into smaller messages and assemble them again at the destinations. XmlBlaster has a capable swapping mechanism to swap messages away if a queue fills up during a receiver is temporary not reachable - this way many GB of data can be kept secured on the server (depending on the size of the harddisks).

Cheers,

Marcel

Saluti Michele

Bryan Taylor wrote:

How well does xmlBlaster handle very large messages (in the range of 1 to 10 gigabytes)? How well would it handle a message where 1 xml element contained 1 to 10 gigabytes of character data?

Should I put messages this large on the xmlBlaster?

Thanks,
Bryan Taylor