RE: [xmlblaster-devel] Pocket PC port

Melamed, Tom wrote:

>Hello all,
> Does anyone know of a port of the C++ xmlBlaster client to Windows CE,
>specifically Pocket PC 2002? I'm currently trying to choose a good
messaging
>system for a big piece of software development in C++ that will include
>clients on Win32, Linux, Pocket PC and eventually hopefully Symbian.

Do all of these platforms support multi threading?
Is it possible to crosscompile for Pocket PC from Linux?

thanks

Marcel

Yes all these platforms support multithreading, and they all have something
approaching BSD sockets. I do not know enough about Linux to answer your
second question but MS does offer a free windows based IDE for Pocket PC,
you can get this from:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/device/embedded/download.aspx you need the
embedded visual tools 3 and the pocket pc 2002 sdk.

I hope this helps

Tom