Re: [xmlblaster-devel] Starting xmlBlaster at system startup

David R Robison wrote:

Hello, I'm new to this list and have recently been experimenting with
xmlBlaster. We have an application where we would like to use xmlBlaster
but we need it to startup on system boot. I looked through the general
mailing list but did not find any solutions.

I have in the past used an open source project called Wrapper which
provides a consistent mechanism to start up java applications as Windows
services and Linux services. It is distributed as a JAR file and a
platform specific executable. I would be willing to integrate Wrapper
into xmlBlaster so that it may be started as either a NT service or
Linux service it you-all think it might be useful.  If so, may I have
write access to the CVS so that I can check in the changes when I have
them ready?

David R Robison
Open Roads Consulting, Inc.
http://www.openroadsconsulting.com

Hi David,

you contribution is very welcome.

I'll send to you the account details in a separate mail.

Please verify that all your commits are under LGPL
or even less restrictive and have a look into our coding conventions
 http://www.xmlblaster.org/xmlBlaster/doc/howto/developer-guidelines.html

Please note especially:

- Every new feature has to be documented in a requirement xml file,
preferrrably with a nice drawing.
- Every new feature has to be tested with our testsuite, the test
has to be fully automatic if ever possible (otherwise nobody ever tests it).

It is nice to have a new contributing member  :-)

with best regards,

Marcel