[xmlblaster-devel] Connections/CallbackServer/Subscriptions

Hi,
I am sort of tinkering around with a possible subscription pool of a
sort (a base for implenting Baster MDB:s), but I can not come to grip
with the tradeoff between having one connection for each subscription or
one connection for every subscription.

Say this. We have a lot of "clients"/entities who are only subscribing
on a particular query. Each query is unique. Say we have 20 000 such
queries/entities/subscriber.

What would the tradof/effect be of having (focus on Corba):

a) 20 000 XmlBlaster connections with one subscription each (same VM),
or
b) One XmlBlaster connection with 20 000 subscriptions.

For Corba i would guess that the outgoing connection
(XmlBlasterConnection) is not that important, but it is how the callback
server works.

With 20 000 connections, is there also 20 000 callback servers
instantiated?

With 20 000 subscriptions in one connections, does the callback server
handle that amount of potentail callback invokations?

Would there be anything to gain to create some sort of algoritm that at
certain breakpoints created a new connection, say we would allow 1000
subscribers per connection, or (from a corba perspektive) would there be
absolutely no gain in doing so (the handling of the callback is not
locked/synchronized in any place, but are totae stateless, so that
invocatations in the same VM could verry well be handled by only one ans
the same callback server)?

Hm, hope I made my case clear ;-)

//Peter
Peter Antman	Chief Systems Architect, Business Development
Technology in Media, Box 34105 100 26 Stockholm
WWW: http://www.tim.se	WWW: http://www.backsource.org
Email: pra at tim.se
Phone: +46-(0)8-506 381 11 Mobile: 070-675 3942