Re: [xmlblaster-devel] xml parser and EJB support

pra at mint.se wrote:

On 17 Sep, Marcel Ruff wrote:

Peter Antman wrote:

Hi, I would like to have an OK on the following changes:

1. Adding a JAXPFactory to utils where we can get new JAXP factorories
 by name.

2. Adding methods to global:

getSAXParserFactory
getDocumentBuilderFactory
getTransformerFactory

Yep, to org.xmlBlaster.engine.Global

Hi, I discovered that this is somewhat problematic. Both SaxHandlerBase and XmlDBAdapter uses util.Global, not engine.Global. Any good reason not to implement the methods there, in util.Global?

Ok, take this.
The util.Global is used on client and server side.
The engine.Global is used on server side only.

Marcel

//Peter

Note that this global is a 'singleton' in repect to a server node.
If you start 3 xmlBlaster servers in the same JVM, each
of them has its own engine.Global with all its bootstraping informations
and all its 'singletons' like SAXParserFactory.
(So its no singleton in respect to the JVM).

This will
a) Load either javax.xml.parsers.SAXParserFactory (or equiv) if
available in glob or use the crimson default.
b) Save an instance in glob and return that on future accesses.

Yep.

3. Fix XmlKey to fo XmlToDom a glob and fix XmlProcessor to take a glob
and to use an XMLProcessorImpl that uses glob to get the factory.

Yep, this is the way to go, global is passed through to the classes
to have its distinct environment.

Is this OK?

//Peter

so long,

Marcel

PS: I have switched the discussion to the xmlblaster-devel mailing list
and changed the subject