[xmlblaster-devel] Incompatible changes in CVS

Hi again,

there are some incompatible changes of returned values:

1) The publish() method now returns an XML string
  instead of the plain message oid, see:

http://www.xmlBlaster.org/xmlBlaster/doc/requirements/interface.publish.html

2) The subscribe() method now returns an XML string
  instead of the plain subscription ID, see:

http://www.xmlBlaster.org/xmlBlaster/doc/requirements/interface.subscribe.html

3) The erase() method now returns an XML string array
  instead of an array containing the plain oid, see:

http://www.xmlBlaster.org/xmlBlaster/doc/requirements/interface.erase.html

Consequences:
-------------------

a) For java developers there are some incompatible changes of the Java clients API.
The compiler will detect these, so threre is no danger just some labor.

You can replace your old String based return
values with the new helper classes:

  org.xmlBlaster.client.PublishRetQos
  org.xmlBlaster.client.SubscribeRetQos
  org.xmlBlaster.client.EraseRetQos

This should be done in 1/2 hour (examples see above links).

b) For C++/Perl/Python users you have to check your code where
you do subscribe()/publish()/erase() and handle the XML.

I would strongly recommend that you upgrade asap to the new cvs version!

I'm sorry about this incompatible change but it had to be done to support the current cluster framework, the fututre transactions support and the new PublishFilter plugin framework.

enjoy

Marcel