[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
ANNOUNCE xmlBlaster release 0.79b
here is the new xmlBlaster release 0.79b.
Changes for 0.79b [March, 11 2000]
- Bugfix with Base64 support in xmlrpc (thanks to Nikolai Devereaux)
- J2EE support added by Peter Antman
New jars for J2EE support:
connector.jar jaas.jar jta-spec1_0_1.jar
jms.jar ejb2.0.jar jndi-jdk1_3_1.jar
(The jndi jar is needed for JDK 1.2 only)
- Added support for volatile messages (thanks to Peter Antman).
A volatile messages exists only during publish and processing
it (doing the updates).
A non-volatile messages (which is default) stays in memory as
long as the server runs.
- erase() now reports the correct number of erased messages
if some of the messages did not exist.
- Change of behavior (thanks to Stefan Nickisch):
If a callback to a client fails, the subscription will be
automatically canceled for this client.
- Integrated JacORB CORBA release 1.3.11
Please copy the new xmlBlaster/config/jacorb.properties.template
to $HOME/jacorb.properties (replacing the old one).
- Added _release() calls to avoid JacORB memory leak on shutdown()
- Bug fixed in JDBC adapter, NullPointerException because of
missing namespace (thanks to Juergen Freidling).
- Subscribe Bug fixed (reported by Stefan Nickisch)
If a subscriber crashes without logout, this will disturb all other
No more communication is possible until the crashed subscriber will
- Added proper RMI server and callback server shutdown
- Renamed servlet-2.0.jar to servlet.jar
- Added a simple Python hello world demo,
- Messages from the persistent store now deliver the correct
sender name, the unique login name of the publisher.
Thanks to Suhas Bharambe for reporting the bug.
- Persistent Db integration (code, but no release).
- Changed to JAXP and DOM2 Sun/crimson XML parser
jaxp-1.1ea2 from SUN, DOM2 SAX2
- Changed code to conform to SAX2
- Login QoS has no <noPtP> element anymore, this is set
for each CallbackAddress from now on.
<PtP>false</PtP> <!-- Set this flag if you don't want to receive
<!-- any PtP messages, prevents 'spamming' -->
- Other smaller enhancements
There is one incompatible change to 0.79a, if
you have used <noPtP> on login (see above).
Please use the new jacorb.properties (see above).
mailto:ruff at swand.lake.de