Re: How to send publish xml message via email attachment ?

Budi Wiyono wrote:

> Hello everybody,
>
> According with xmlBlaster architecture:
> http://www.xmlblaster.org/architecture.jpg
>
> How to send publish xml message via email attachment ?
>
> Any idea as how to implement it would be highly appreciated.
>
> Thanks in Advance,
> BDW
We have discussed this topic in our mailing list as well,
but the EmailDriver for xmlBlaster is not implemented yet
(see "HTTP / EMAIL / FTP / WAP tunneling proposal" from March,16 2000)

I would expect somthing like this:

--------------------------EMAIL BODY------------------------------
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<xmlBlaster method="publish" sessionId="12aa3z45X"
                   xmlns="http://www.xmlBlaster.org";>
   <key oid="myMessageId" contentType="text/plain">
      <!-- Some user specified meta information for this content
             which is queryabe with XPATH -->
   </key>
   <content link="" xmlns="">
      <!<CDATA[ Hello world ]]>
   </content>
   <qos>
      <!-- Some quality of service tags, to control xmlBlaster -->
      <isDurable />
   </qos>
</xmlBlaster>
--------------------------EMAIL BODY------------------------------

and for binary content data, putting the content into an attachment
(declared in the body with a link attribute):
   <content link="attachment" xmlns="">
   </content>

Implementing the EmailDriver for xmlBlaster should not be a big
task, it is the same schema as with the XML-RPC, CORBA, RMI drivers,
take a copy of one of those, and hack the email sending and or
receiving.

Marcel Ruff
mailto:ruff at swand.lake.de
http://www.lake.de/home/lake/swand/