Re: New performance peak: 405 message/sec

Jerry at Westrick.com wrote:

> To ALL...
>
> Okay, I got the CVS...  No problem just followed the instructions on XML
> web-page....
> CVS seems to be major source control system.  I will learn it as I go.
>
> About development on linux.....  What to use.
>
> Since I have no expirience, I have to learn to use something... But which
> one?
> So Here a couple of questions:
> 1) Which JAVA should I use, (if it matters).

JDK 1.3 (from SUN or from IBM, both are stable).

> 2) What system should/can I use for development? Any decent RADs out
> there?  Do they also support C++, how about PERL?...

XEmacs, vi, kedit, crisp and many many more ...
Does anybody use other Linux IDE/RADs?

> 3) What about corba/orb XML, IDL, and all that other stuff I need to
> learn/use?

In xmlBlaster we use JacORB (CORBA), the IDL compiler is always included
in CORBA distributions.
Michele tested xmlBlaster with Orbaccus, and
there are many more ORBS around see:
   http://www.vex.net/~ben/corba/

> I have nothing against reading, but.... It really don't want to spend
> ages trying out
> system after sysem....  So maybe you can give so tips as to what to use?
>
> I hope I don't start a religeous war here!  But as much advice as posible
> on which one to start with would be very welcome!
>
> Jerry at Westrick.com
Marcel Ruff
mailto:ruff at swand.lake.de
http://www.lake.de/home/lake/swand/